René Borg is one of Ireland’s most innovative running coaches known from TodayFM and Athletics Illustrated.
Since 2010 Running Coach Ireland and Réne Borg have been providing expert coaching for runners from complete beginners to successful competitive runners.
Réne specializes in building custom training plans, encouraging all round health, and taking into account busy modern day lifestyles. Réne is highly qualified in coaching, both academically and through his experience in coaching hundreds of athletes, organizing Ireland’s most comprehensive running technique workshops and giving educational talks to sports clubs and companies worldwide.
Running Coach Ireland´s proven methods and protocols have worked for hundreds of runners successfully, from elite marathon runners to beginner road runners and from Trail running record holders to mountain race first timers. Examples include
- 2:17 marathoner Barry Minnock,
- Lakeland 100mile winner, Wainrights Record Holder and former Irish Wicklow Way record holder Paul Tierney.
- Jason Kehoe, Double Irish Mountain Running Champion and 3 Time Carrauntoohil Winner
- Julie McNamee – 2nd lady in EcoTrail Wicklow 80 km
- Eoin Flynn, National Senior Bronze Medalist in Cross Country and Marathon and 10 time Irish Mountain International.
You can learn more about René, his coaching methods and projects on this page. To work with René and Running Coach Ireland click the ‘work with RCI and René’ link.